10.10.2010

It's Party Time


So this year for Devin's Birthday we went with a Toy Story Theme. Devin calls it his Buzz and Woody Party. I decided instead of doing the normal Toy Story Theme I would go with a version of "Andy's Toy Box" or Devin's Toys.

Yes the toy box is actually the cake.


I made two 9X13 cakes and placed them on top of a styrofoam base I had made. I then rolled out fondant (with some help from Greg) to cover the entire cake. The lid of the cake is cardboard covered with fondant. After the fondant was on, I drew "wood grain" into the fondant. After that I took Brown Wilton food coloring gel and Vodka to create a watercolor type effect and painted it onto the fondant to make it look like stained wood. I then traced the words out also of fondant and attached them to the front.

With Greg's help we carefully attached the lid with some lollipop sticks and straws to hold it up. I then just decorated it with Devin's favorite toys.

Thanks to Grandma Wolsing for her help with the cake. Couldn't have done it without her as I needed the extra hands!

Blowing out his #3 candle.


Devin opening all his gifts and admiring the Toy Story Train that Ethan got for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment