9.27.2010

Just a little craft project

So recently I asked Devin what he would like to be for Halloween as I like to try to make his costume. Thinking he might want to be a train engineer (I was already half ready for that costume), but to my surprise Devin asked to be Thomas the Train. After looking at the commercially available ones, I decided I was going to have to try to come up with something different. So I gathered some ideas, drew up a plan, and called Grandpa Wolsing for some help.


So here's the finished Thomas the Train costume. Should have taken some pictures along the way of us building and painting it. Tom is constructed out of about 3 larger cardboard boxes, part of a cement tube mold, some PVC pipe, ratchet straps, paint, and LOTS of Hot Glue.

Now because my Dad was helping, we couldn't build this costume without making it structurally sound, so there are some "supports" on the inside making sure this costume will hold up for years to come. We have already decided that Tate will have to wear this costume at some point, figured I could paint it Green or Red and he could go as Percy or James. Now the real issue is where are we going to store it for the next several years!!


Had to get a group shot of "Thomas' " Builders and Painters.


You will have check back around Halloween when we post the complete costume pictures and our adventures Trick - Or - Treating!

No comments:

Post a Comment